Disability Is Not Inability
WRILC shall be committed to promoting a philosophy of independent living, which includes a philosophy of consumer control, peer support, self-help, self-determination, equal access and individual systems advocacy, in order to maximize the leadership, empowerment, independence, and productivity of individuals with disabilities.
Office will be closed February 17, 2014.
Emergency Closings :
When Warren City Schools are closed due to emergency weather, our offices are also closed.
Take Extra Precautions As Temperatures Drop Below Freezing
CHICAGO – Dangerously low temperatures are in the forecast and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) wants individuals and families to be safe when faced with the hazards of cold temperatures.
“Subfreezing temperatures can be dangerous and even life-threatening for people who don't take the proper precautions,” said Andrew Velasquez III, FEMA Regional Administrator. “It is important for everyone to monitor their local weather reports and take steps now to stay safe during times of extreme cold temperatures.”
During cold weather, you should take the following precautions:
· Stay indoors as much as possible and limit your exposure to the cold;
· Dress in layers and keep dry;
· Check on family, friends, and neighbors who are at risk and may need additional assistance;
· Know the symptoms of cold-related health issues such as frostbite and hypothermia and seek medical attention if health conditions are severe.
· Bring your pets indoors or ensure they have a warm shelter area with unfrozen water.
· Make sure your vehicle has an emergency kit that includes an ice scraper, blanket and flashlight – and keep the fuel tank above half full.
You can find more information and tips on being ready for winter weather and extreme cold temperatures at http://www.ready.gov/winter .
The most valuable commodity of today's society is information; to a person with a disability it is essential.
4076 Youngstown Rd. SE, Suite 203, Warren, Ohio 44484 in the Trumbull Metropolitan Housing Authority building.
Proud member of: